Monday, June 18, 2012

Artist's Vision

Yesterday I wished a fond farewell (maybe temporary, maybe permanent) to three paintings from my Fall Collection:


  
[Chapters, 12" x 20"]

   
[Non sum qualis eram (I am not as I was), 20" x 36"]

  
[Second Thoughts, 20" x 36"]


I dropped them off at the Artist's Vision Show, a juried exhibition that is part of the annual Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts in Lake Oswego, Or., where they are for sale.

I was tickled when I picked up the magazine/catalogue that accompanied the event, which runs from Friday, June 22 to Sunday the 24th. A page was dedicated to the juried show, and I was one of three artists interviewed for the piece, which sought to focus on the budding careers of accepted artists under 30.

It was wonderful to see my name (spelled correctly ;) in print, accompanied by a glossy image of one of my paintings. When I lived in the Boston, Ma. area a few years back, I was a writer and copy editor for an arts magazine; it was a thrill to be on the other side of things this time!

  [I'm a riddle wrapped in a conundrum...]


The Arts Festival itself, largely at the Lakewood Center for the Arts, looks like a nice way to spend part of the upcoming weekend... art shows, a juried craft fair, music, performances, food, kids events, all along the South Waterfront of the Willamette.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment