Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of Wishes and Cowboy Boots

Lately I've been happily busy with my artwork -- delivering work to shows, packaging pieces up for buyers, and sketching out my next series until I can find the time to go stock up on more paint and brushes! The big show at Breken depleted my supplies :)


[Wishes, Deconstructed, 2011, acrylic on panel]

Wishes, Deconstructed (above) will debut in a show at the Six Days Gallery on NE Alberta and 27th tonight for Last Thursday. The exhibit, entitled 6x6x6, isn't as Satanic as it sounds; it's work from dozens of artists all constrained to the 6" x 6" canvas size (or any medium) in a gallery open 6 days a week. All work is for sale and up through the end of the month.


[Texas Capitol Building, Austin]

I was also lucky enough to have a four-day trip to Texas last week to see family, friends, and enjoy some hot weather! A little toasty for March in my opinion, but appreciated nonetheless when I switched on The Weather Channel in Dallas one morning to see images of a school bus stuck in the snow back home in the Willamette Valley.

I'll put up some pictures of our trip to the Lone Star State soon, including some opinions on Portland's southern fraternal twin, the other "Weird" city -- Austin.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment