Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter blues? May I recommend I-SPY?

My childhood was filled with I-SPY books. You know, the ones by Walter Wick with the amazing sets and photographs. Looking back at them now, they probably are a small subconscious inspiration for some of my painting work... still lifes lain out on tabletops.

So I'm very excited to be running an I-SPY bookmaking workshop this Thursday, March 1st, in Portland. It's for kids ages 6-12 at Green Bean Books from 3:30 - 4:30. (I'm not sure if there are any spots left, but 503.954.2354 will help you find out.) But I digress. I really just wanted to share what a nice little interjection into your day making an I-SPY page can be.


Hidden imagery, 3-D collages, using up all those little treasure you've been holding onto, and writing just the right rhyme to go with your picture... Mmmm.

I encourage anyone in a creative rut, anyone having a bad day, big or small, to sit down and make an I-SPY page. The world gets a little more magical.

I hope to run this class many more times, for children and adults. I think I may have discovered a new form of art therapy...

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment