Monday, March 21, 2011

A (Semi) Daily Painting

It's been a while since I posted a daily painting, but I've been working on a few... in between teaching and being somber about the world.

[2011, acrylic on panel, 5" x 7"]


I love painting white objects, and discovering all the secret colors and tones within the white.


Custom-made shadow box frame for this one (and a few others) by Matt McCalmont of artsubstrates.com. They work so well for my mini paintings. I love the Swedish Fish framed. I'm so thankful to have Matt as a resource; it's near impossible to find a store-made shadowbox frame (without glass)... he makes my substrates, too. Local in Portland.

But seriously, can I borrow someone's home that has a cute kitchen with pattered wallpaper, maybe with a nice houseplant, to photograph my work in? This off-white stucco of my apartment just isn't doing it justice.

I hope to gather and frame a collection of my "food themed" paintings and have a show in a cafe or coffee shop over the summer!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I AM IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE with your ice cream cone. Those childrens block are way too amazing as well, you are fantastic at what you do :))))

    ReplyDelete