Friday, March 4, 2011

First Friday: Connection

Yesterday ended with a wonderful set of bookmaking classes at Green Bean. But more on that later....

... because now I'm preparing for my (first) First Friday opening at an art gallery downtown! Nine other artists and I will be presenting Connection, collaborative work at the Art Department on SE 9th and Main tonight. Several months ago, we divided up into five pairs to create new work specifically for this exhibit.


[Read the press release on the Art Department's website!]


My partner and I created a piece about the intersection of instruction and choice that functions as a playable game; here are some sneak peeks of my half of all the bits and pieces that lead the viewer/player through our environment.




Come down at 6:30 to give it a play and check out what all my colleagues made, too (I know I'm excited to see what everyone has been working on for the past few months!)

Sponsored by Full Sail Brewing and a local wine merchant. Opening 6:30-10:00 Friday, March 4th, runs through March 11th.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment