Wednesday, February 16, 2011

100 Posts, 4 Classes and Counting

My hundredth blog post!

Hard to believe when I started this blog everything was just beginning... my flickr account (and photographing my work for the first time), my etsy shop, my kids' bookmaking classes.

Now I'm gearing up to offer, for the first time, three bookmaking classes in a row at Green Bean Books tomorrow:

2:30 and 3:30 the kids and I will make Rainy Day Idea Card Games to bring home, I describe them in somewhat more detail here, with an image. Hopefully I can start getting pictures of kids' work to post after the classes!

4:45-5:45 the premiere "Pop-Ups for Grown-Ups" class! An hour of playing with paper and exploring pop-up techniques from the eyes of a five-year-old in order to better teach ourselves paper engineering and bring papercraft into our homes and schools.


For once, it'll be the kids who are jealous.


I am also happy to announce that Starting Tuesday, March 1st, I will be offering art experiences to TODDLERS (!!) at another great Portland shop, Mississippi Treehouse. Mix a shop selling kids' (gently used and new) clothing, toys, and gif with a clubhouse and indoor play area--and you have Mississippi Treehouse. From now on, between 10:30 and 11:15 a.m. on Tuesdays, it will also be a place for toddlers to explore, touch, squish, and get messy--in the comfort of some place NOT your own home :)


[logo © Mississippi Treehouse 2011]

Looking forward to them all! Thank you to everyone who has been supportive as I, literally, work to 'craft' my own career in 2011! (I'm pretty sure I'm channeling that phrase from OCAC, Penland, or some other craft school...)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment