Monday, January 17, 2011

A (Semi) Daily Painting

Finally moved out of my shelf/cubby/drawer at school yesterday. It was all just paper and book board, cloth and linoleum cuts, polymer plates and a giant bunch of reeds I had bought for some unknown purpose... all in all, art supplies. But it felt like I was moving out of an undergrad dorm room with the amount of stuff (much of it fragile) I had to move from the printshop to my apartment!

My time as a Book Arts student is officially over as the new semester starts, but I'm armed with the skills of papermaking, letterpress printing, bookbinding, and box making... and about six yards of reeds... to keep me busy for a while! I got lots of projects "started" at school over break (boards cut, box pieces measured and cut, book cloth purchased) so I can spend the next month or so making albums, journals, boxes... ornaments... finishing up cards.

And of course, there's painting, my other other love, which I don't necessarily need a studio to work on (I use acrylics... less toxic than oil). Why, here's one now: (with a nifty watermark)


2010, acrylic on panel, 8" x 10"


Have a couple of shows lined up for the spring. So begins the year of attempting to eke out a living as an artist!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment