Saturday, July 31, 2010

Magnets and a place to put 'em

At some point, I'm going to need to stop adding to my table for the craft fair.

I wanted a mini, magnetic (they don't always come magnetic anymore!) chalkboard to write some messages and display my magnets on at the table, but couldn't track one down in a timely manner. Suggestions on where to find some are welcome!

Instead, I snagged a dry-erase board at Target. My magnets include:

1. Glass bead magnets featuring images of hands cut from a book of paper dolls

2. Paper magnets. The leaf is hand-beaten cotton paper. When it was pulp it was pressed into a candy mold; when it was dry, it was varnished. It looks and feels more like ceramic at this point.


I feel like magnets can be cathartically craft-for-craft's sake. One of those things where it's not about the price (usually you can only just about get the actual material fee back if you sell them) but a practice that is fun, addictive and all about creating a collection... like craft calling cards.

Hmm, magnet business cards... ah. next time, next time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the magnets. Hmm. I need some for the new place. Have you ever thought of making a "choo" magnet? I would love a smiling petite cabbage. People love food with faces on it...except if you are about to eat it.

    ReplyDelete